Tremor leverages the latest and greatest tech to provide a rich user interface to our powerful optimization and analytics engine. Join our team, write Typescript + Vue3, build beautiful data visualizations, and completely redefine the reinsurance experience.
Tremor is a venture-backed insurance technology firm where world-class computer scientists, economists, market designers and industry practitioners are working together to build a modern risk transfer marketplace for the $1 trillion reinsurance industry. Tremor’s “SmartMarkets” platform incorporates intelligent market design, state-of-the-art auction technology and sophisticated optimization techniques to vastly improve how risk is transferred around the world.
As a bold company where Engineering works in close partnership with Product, we move rapidly from ideation to production, iterating and validating new concepts internally and with beta customers and delivering production-quality code.
Tremor is seeking an entrepreneurial Front End Software Engineer to join our fast-growing, geographically-distributed, development team. Does this sound like you?
- You have a proven history of delivering well-engineered applications using cloud technologies.
- You design and develop significant new functionality as well as innovative and intuitive user interfaces.
- You take ownership through the full software development lifecycle.
- You have excellent communication skills and are comfortable interacting frequently and closely with partners across different functions.
- You enjoy working closely and iteratively with Product Owners in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Lead all aspects of software development including design, implementation, testing, deployment, documentation, and ongoing support and maintenance.
- Work in partnership with the Product and Market Design teams and other partners to produce high quality functionality that you can turn around quickly.
- Provide estimates and dependencies for engineering tasks.
- Manage your own individual project priorities and deadlines.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using RESTful APIs to connect front-end interfaces to back-end applications.
- Background in graphic design, mockup creation, and user interface / user experience best practices.
- A passion for continually improving your development skill set and tooling.
- Familiarity with the entire web stack, including infrastructure, database, backend and frontend.
- Demonstrated interest in continuous improvement in design and implementation that results in better usability, testability and extensibility.
More about us
- We are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching.
- We love challenging ourselves to constantly improve, and sharing our knowledge to empower others.
- We care about solving big, systemic problems.
- We look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that we can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- We believe in not only serving clients, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools.
At Tremor, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Tremor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To apply or request more information, please send us an email.